Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Rat-Race Begins... about a month ago

OMFG! Mike Huckabee is officially running for President! Yeah, I realize that reads like something a 12 year old girl would say. It's laughable enough though, that it seems to warrant that sort of expression. That makes.... 5? 6? Republican candidates so far? The correct answer is 6, and shit, I should have started this a month ago when I first thought about it. Obviously for anyone interested in current events, or politics, a presidential election cycle is a PRIME time to write about. I clearly underestimated the speed at which we would pick up candidates on the republican side. I hadn't really made an official estimate of the number of eventual republican candidates, but now that I think about it I would have to say 6 was where I thought we'd end up. We're there already, and now it seems all but guaranteed that there will be more. I expected to see Ted Cruz, I think everyone paying any attention at all saw that from a mile away. Rand Paul was pretty clear too. He's the heir to the political nonsense of Ron Paul and the token "libertarian-ish" candidate. Florida's Marco Rubio was an easy pick because there's nothing that better follows 8 years of berating the guy in charge for being Un-American than running 2 guys with Hispanic names. I still think we'll see Jeb Bush in the race....because at this point, why the hell not? They don't have a token "name sounds like a Beverly Hillbilly" guy yes, so he'll have to fill that role. Carly Fiorina seems a pretty obvious choice, although not seeing that coming, makes me feel like I haven't been paying attention. She's a women(check), she's about a successful at business at Romney was(check), and she's repulsive to anyone who doesn't believe 90% of America should just be glad the other 10% allows us to draw breath(double check). She's what would happen if a bad science experiment took place between Mitt Romney and Michelle Bachman. I really thought Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee would stay away, although in hindsight; Caron's personal infomercial, and Huckabee's leaving Fox News should have been obvious signs. So, we can put checks on the token African American and "Jesus wants me to be president" options. It's a very interesting crowd to look at in the light of the initial criticisms of Obama during his first campaign. They said he didn't have enough experience...Carson has never help public office, Cruz is in his first senate term, Fiorina is in her first term, Huckabee was Governor of Arkansas for a while, but hasn't help office since 2007, Paul is in his first term, and Rubio is in his first term. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment