This is me trying to work at this. I've recently become full-on obsessed with tattoos and tattooing. It has been a more frequent reminder of something I've always been aware of, just not reminded of regularly. I can't draw. I have no real depth perception and I was never really even good at coloring pictures as a kid. I've always been concerned about this lack of artistic ability.
I read the stories of these tattoo artists, and the imagery always floating around in their heads, and I'm jealous. For whatever reason I forget that I can play at least a couple musical instruments, I can write poetically with a certain amount of skill, and I can express my thoughts and opinions and such in words quite well. Maybe it's just human nature. That always taking for granted what you have, and wanting what you don't.
Likely the most important thing I think I've gleaned from this insane interest in the world of tattooing recently has been something about dedication. Somewhere in between killing yourself with what you're trying at and simply staying dedicated to keep working at it, keep trying. So... this is me trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment